What is Dockmate®?
Dockmate® is the latest in advanced, yet very affordable wireless remote control technology for your boat. Dockmate® will allow you to operate your boat’s electronically controlled engines, thrusters, anchor winch and horn from anywhere aboard your boat using a small handheld device!
Is there anything unique about Dockmate®?
YES, the Dockmate® has several unique features:
– State-of-the- art 2-way FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) communication between the remote and receiver
– Fully proportional 3 axis TWIST remote joystick
– Proportional throttle control (the more you push on the joystick, the more throttle is provided)
– Horn function on EVERY remote transmitter at no extra charge
– Completely waterproof remote transmitters that float
– 3 yr warranty with 30 day satisfaction money back guarantee
– Customizable software to precisely adjust max and min throttle for engines and thrusters if desired
– SINGLE remote model for single engine vessels
– SINGLE & TWIN remote models have a flat keypad which is well-protected against accidental pressing
– Volvo IPS compatible with specific TWIST POD remote. TWIST remote feels like an exact replica of the Volvo IPS joystick offering proportional throttle control for EVERY function of the joystick…INCLUDING THE TWIST FUNCTION!
– Dynamic positioning – if the boat is equipped with dynamic positioning, then that function can be activated
– Redundant “fail-safe” technology with multiple relays
– Modular design enables functions to be added at any time (e.g. if installing another thruster)
– Can be taken with you if you change boats as the system can be modified to suit any vessel with electronic controls
What is the Dockmate® warranty?
Dockmate® has a factory warranty of 3 years. Even if the Dockmate® remote transmitter gets wet, we will still replace it under warranty.
In the unlikely event that your Dockmate® ever needs to be serviced, it can be easily done here in Australia where we maintain a large inventory of parts. The Dockmate® does not need to be sent overseas for service.
Is dual band better than single band?
Simply stated, NO! Dockmate® uses a state of the art 2-way FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) with 88bit encoding, and FM modulation on the 433 MHz frequency to provide superior range. The rolling code operates over 20 channels, changing 5x per second over 5 different channels at a time, eliminating any possible chance of interference.
Dual band systems use one channel on 433 MHz and one channel on 915 MHz, transmitting only 1-way on AM modulation. The transmission alternates between just two single channels allowing for greater chance of interference and dead spots.
What is the range of Dockmate®?
The operating range of the Dockmate® with the standard antenna is approximately 150 ft.
How do I know if the Dockmate® has lost communication?
The Dockmate® has a range of approximately 150 ft. In the unlikely event that the Dockmate® loses communication with the receiver, the remote transmitter will sound an alarm when a button is pressed. ALL functions will immediately default to the OFF or NEUTRAL setting.
Can other Dockmate® remotes interfere with my boat?
NO, due to the type of RF communication we use, it virtually eliminates any possible interference from other Dockmate® systems or any other wireless remote. See question: Is dual band better than single band?
Does Dockmate® have throttle control?
YES, Dockmate® offers optional PROPORTIONAL throttle control on the TWIST remote (the more you push on the joystick, the more throttle is provided).
Is the Dockmate system new?
- Dockmate®has been sold worldwide since 2012. Dockmate® has been available on the Australian and New Zealand market since 2016. Dockmate® is fully licensed and insured.
Does Dockmate® work if I only have one engine?
YES, we have a remote control specifically for single engine boats. You can use the SINGLE remote or the TWIST remote.
How do I know if a Dockmate® system can be installed on my boat?
If your boat is equipped with electronic controls then it can be equipped with a Dockmate® System. Depending on the existing systems on the vessel, the Dockmate® can connect to the engines digitally through CANbus technology, through analogue connection or via a gearbox interface directly to the gearbox solenoids.
Can a Dockmate® system be installed if I have mechanical or hynautic controls?
If your boat has mechanical controls or hynautic controls, we can still install a Dockmate® system with the installation of an electronic to mechanical interface system.
How much does a Dockmate® system cost for my boat?
The cost of the Dockmate® system depends on the number of functions installed and the type of connection to your vessels system (analogue or CANBUS). Please contact us for a customised quote.
How many functions can the Dockmate® system control?
The Dockmate® system can control up to 7 functions!
– anchor windlass or winch – 1 or 2 anchors
– port engine
– starboard engine
– bow thruster
– stern thruster
Will Dockmate® work with my Volvo Penta IPS or Zeus PODS system?
The Dockmate® TWIST remote feels like an exact replica of the Volvo IPS joystick offering proportional throttle control for EVERY function of the joystick …INCLUDING THE TWIST FUNCTION!
Dockmate® TWIST for Zeus Pods is scheduled for release early 2019.
Does the Dockmate® have dynamic positioning?
YES, if the boat is equipped with dynamic positioning, then the Dockmate® can activate that function. Dockmate® TWIST
How long will it take to install a Dockmate® system on my boat?
The typical Dockmate® installation can be installed in one day or less.
Are there any safety features built into the Dockmate® system?
YES, the Dockmate® system has redundant “fail safe” technology. In order for the engines to go into gear 4x relays contactors MUST activate. If the Dockmate® remote transmitter is dropped, the boat will immediately go into neutral.
The main engine controls can be used immediately if the Dockmate® remote falls overboard or is lost.
The receiver can be connected to two different power supplies for added safety, connecting to 12 or 24VDC systems.
If I buy another boat, can I take my Dockmate® system with me?
Yes. The Dockmate® system can be easily removed and installed on your new boat. The modular design enables the system be modified to suit any vessel with electronics controls.
How do I know if the batteries in my remote transmitter are running low?
There is a battery indicator/status LED that will illuminate RED if your batteries are running low. If the batteries are too low, the Dockmate® will not transmit, therefore the boat will not go into gear and all functions will default to OFF or NEUTRAL. The main engine controls can be used if the batteries in the Dockmate® remote are dead.
What kind of batteries does the Dockmate® use?
The Dockmate® SINGLE & TWIN remotes use 3x AAA batteries.
The Dockmate® TWIST has a built-in lithium ion battery and comes with a wireless charger that plugs into any USB outlet or charger. When the TWIST battery is fully charged, the Status LED will illuminate blue.
What is the size of the receiver?
The receiver dimensions are 8.75″ x 8.75″ x 2.5″ and is fit neatly under the helm.